Westminster Paint Pals Exterior Painting Services
We understand your home is often your most valued asset and emphasize painting every project as if it were our own. It is very important to regularly maintain your exterior services by properly prepping and repainting every 5-7 years. We always recommend using the highest quality products to ensure superior and long lasting protection, and you can expect our paint jobs to last 5-15 years depending on the project specifications.
At Paint Pals, we take pride in providing you a superior quality paint job through every step of the process. Whether it’s detailed and meticulous prep work, or a consistent and even finish coat we value our ability to provide complete customer satisfaction. Throughout the painting process we focus on are proper painting technique and attention to detail. However, to ensure your satisfaction we’ll do a final jobsite inspection with you to guarantee the job that you envisioned.
Typically, an exterior paint job can be broken down into three main steps: prep work, body application and trim application. Often times, it is the prep work that is going to dictate the quality and longevity of your paint job; and because of the harsh Colorado weather, it is even more important to ensure adequate prep work.
- First, to ensure a clean painting surface and provide maximum paint adhesion we do a high pressure wash of your house to remove any dirt, debris, and chalking paint. We can also use detergents in special circumstances to remove mold or mildew.
- It is important to remove any failing paint and provide a competent painting surface. Any peeling or cracking paint will first be scrapped from the house, and after this any remaining paint failures and bare wood will be sanded down. This not only increases aesthetics but also provides a very competent and durable surface in which to apply our paints.
- Cracks and holes throughout the siding can be a serious and destructive problem. Because of this, we use high quality and long lasting caulking and spackle to fill any cracks or holes along the house. By sealing openings across the exterior, we are able to prevent moisture from causing permanent damage or dry rot to your home and creating costly repairs.
- Next, it is crucial to prime all bare wood, or in certain circumstances prime the entire house. This will depend on the age and current condition of your home. Regardless, we spot prime all bare wood with a brush and always recommend the highest quality primers. If you’re looking for quality and a lasting paint job, the use of primers is critical. In special situations for higher quality and increased longevity we recommend our full-prime option. With this we provide a full coat of primer around the entire house.
- After taking care to ensure that all proper surface prep has been taken care of, it is then vital to mask all locations that are to remain unpainted. Usually this includes windows, doors, rooflines, sidewalks, fences and decks but is dependent upon your property. This is important not only to provide a clean and professional job but to also eliminate the chance of overspray in unwanted areas.
- Upon final completion of the prep work and masking, it is then important to provide a lasting and quality finish coat. There are a variety of ways to go about this whether it is brushing, rolling or spraying the paint onto the surface, but it is always your choice. Typically we recommend using an airless sprayer for added time savings and superior quality.
- Next, any trim work is done by hand with the use of brushes and rollers. To ensure clean lines and a professional paint job we always recommend this. In certain situations with real wood windows, we can also spray any trim to provide you with additional time and cost savings.
- Last to eliminate touch-ups and defects we take several laps around the house to take care of any blemishes or inconsistencies. We then take you around the house for a final inspection and to ensure that our work meets your expectations.